Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Why do dreams sometimes fail?

Lily Tikijian
March 25, 2009
Literature Period 6
Mrs. Pfanschmidt

Why do dreams sometimes fail?

Dreams can be anything from ideas, to thoughts, to a sequence of mental imagines when you sleep. Dreams can be what you dream of doing or becoming in the future or they can be little things like hoping you get a good dream on a test. Of course all dreams fail, if they all came true we would have many more millionaires or everyone would be president. I think Lennie’s and George’s dream is the easiest to use as an example of failing. I think there dream is one that could easily fail. There dream is to own a farm, this could fail in many ways. Maybe they can’t save enough money, someone could possibly get sick or die and they can’t do it, anything could happen. I believe dreams fail because some have too. There is no way they can all come true. If you work hard enough and really spend a lot of effort on making the dream come due, I believe it can come true. For example, if I really wanted to become a doctor. I would have to work my butt off to do it but if I did I could do it. If I just dreamed it and didn’t really work towards it might or might not come true. I think we are in control of our dreams and if they come true or not.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

was these assignments for an english class based on the book of mice and men?