Wednesday, August 27, 2008

So Much Unfairness of Things

Lily Tikijian
August 27, 2008
Literature Period 6
Mrs. Pfanschmidt

So Much Unfairness of Things

I thought that the treatment for P.S. punishment was fair. If he cheated, he should be kicked off. Even if he didn’t mean to cheat and even though he didn’t plan to cheat, it still wasn’t right. He violated the “code” for his school and if you do, you get thrown out. I don’t see why they would even have considered keeping him in school. I mean, I understand that his family is a part of the school and that they have built buildings and he is one of the most popular kids in the class, but it still wasn’t right. I think everyone treated him pretty well. Except for maybe his friend, Jumbo. I don’t think I could have ever turned in a friend if I had known they would have been kicked out. I don’t think I could have done that, knowing that I was the reason that they were kicked out. In the end, I kind of see his been kicked out as a positive thing. I mean, he gets to clear things up with his dad, which was one of the reasons this whole thing happened. I did feel sorry for P.S. though. He was ashamed and you could tell he felt terrible about what he had done. He ruined a family tradition, got kicked out of school, and possibly ruined his reputation. Even though I felt bad for him, I think kicking him out was the right decision. Because, if people found out that he cheated and got to stay at school, they might try it too and then the “code” would be ruined forever. The school would go from being a highly respected school to just another private school. I thought it was a god choice to kick him out.

3 comments:

amypfan said...

Good thoughts! You considered all aspects well.

LukeKnisley said...

This is the most retarded story I HAVE EVER READ FOR SCHOOL. I go to a private school and I know that they made us read this to scare us. This stories' ultimatum would never happen for a boy in that context (family history at school, etc.) I personally hate this story and think that this story is a "Boy Who Cried Wolf" for teenagers. I think "C. whatever Bryan" is an author who is insecure, sick, and depressed and should become a prison officer or maybe sometime of hoarder.

LukeKnisley said...

I think the schools headmaster in the story is a cruel and heartless character and that the boy was unfairly judged AS WELL.