Thursday, August 21, 2008

"Not Waving but Drowning"

Lily Tikijian
August 21, 2008
Period 6
Mrs. Pfanschmidt

“Not Waving But Drowning”

In my life, I have had many people tell me that they thought I was one thing and I turned out to be very different. The most common things that people says about me is that I am blonde, bubbly, and I am “high” on life. That is usually people’s first impressions of me. All of these happen to be true. I am blonde, I am very bubbly and happy, and I love life. I don’t think there is a person in my life who would say any of those are wrong.
I have changed my mind on other people before. When I was in fifth grade, I meet my soon-to-be best friend, though at the time I had no idea. She was shy, quiet, and didn’t really state her own opinions. From the start my first impressions of her were that she was introverted, calm, and smart. I just thought to my self that this girl was never going to be my friend cause we had to many differences. I was wrong. Once I started talking to her and got to know her I found out she was an amazing person. She wasn’t quiet anymore; she was loud and obnoxious, just like me. She became funny and started to state her opinions and started to stand up for what she believed in. Today, we are still best friends but when I look back at what I used to think about her, it just makes me laugh. We talk all the time about what we first thought of each other and how all of our opinions have changed. From then on I have tried not to judge a book by its cover and I have tried to make better first impressions about people.

No comments: