Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Where I Belong.

Lily Tikijian
April 22, 2009
Literature Period 6
Mrs. Pfanschmidt

“Where I Belong”

My whole life, I have felt like I have belonged everywhere I have been. I felt like I belonged at my middle school, in my family, and with my friends, and in Zionsville. I was very worried about choosing a high school cause I was worried about not feeling like that’s where I belonged. I had to choose between University or Brebeuf and it was probably the hardest decision I have ever made. I was so nervous about not fitting in somewhere or having no friends. I was worried about going to high school where I wasn’t with all of the people I grew up with. I picked University because lots of my friends were going here and because when I walked into the building, I felt like I belonged. It felt like Orchard and that’s exactly where I belonged and felt comfortable. People ask me if I think I belong in my family because I am adopted and I really do. Maybe, if my brother and sister weren’t adopted then I would feel differently but I do feel like I belong. Feeling like I belong is a common feeling for me. I don’t go new places or try new things because I am afraid that feeling won’t be there. It’s a constant feeling in my life and maybe I need to try some risks to get out of my comfort zone but right now, I am happy where I am.

No comments: